Hyderabad, April 26: As summer is getting hotter and hotter, You have to take necessary steps to prevent Your LIPS. So, keep your lip balm handy to protect them, according to the experts.
Lips lack natural protective oil: Our skin contains sebaceous glands that secrete the natural oil called sebum which keeps our skin moisturized. However, our lips do not contain these glands and therefore, it is essential for us to keep them protected and hydrated through the day. Therefore, using a lip balm that is enriched with natural ingredients in this weather is a must.
UV rays are extremely harmful for our skin, and our lips are no exception. Since they have fewer melanocytes in them, they are more prone to sun damage caused by UV exposure. It impacts the production of collagen in our lips in the long run thus damaging their health and appearance.
* You can use butter stick as well. Butter stick lip treatment is hydrating. It will make lips feel and look softer, smoother and moisturised.
* Eat plenty of green vegetables and fruits as fruits rich in vitamin help in increasing the water intake too.
* Lips do turn black in the summer heat. So you can mix saffron and curd and apply daily 2-3 times to maintain the natural lip colour.
* Maintain a regular night lip regime. For this you can take half a teaspoon of glycerin, castor oil and lemon juice. Apply this mixture on to your lips and leave overnight.
* Drinking up to 12 glasses of water keeps your body and lips hydrated and helps stimulate the blood circulation of the skin.